What do Parent Councils do?
The role of the Parent Council is to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views of all parents
- encourage links between the school, parents, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community
- report back to all the parents in the school (called the Parent Forum)
- play a role in the appointment of headteachers and depute headteachers
- support the school and pupils during school inspections.
Further information on the role of Parent Councils can be found in the guidance on the Parental Involvement Act.
Mark Stewart (Chair) – Parent
Alan Marshall (Treasurer) – Parent
Paula Anderson – Parent
Keryn Henderson – Parent
Neil Sutherland – Parent
Jim Walker – Local Community Representative
Aileen Smart – Head Teacher
Elaine Short – Depute Head Teacher
Pauline Carruthers – Principal Teacher
Sophie Lowe – Principal Teacher
Kirsty MacConnochie – Teacher
New Parent Members Very Welcome
Achievements / Involvement of Gylemuir Parent Council
We have been instrumental in supporting the School to ensure that building improvements were undertaken. These included roof repairs, the painting of pupil toilets and window replacement/repairs.
Members of the Parent Council are also involved in the shortlisting process for the appointment of a new Head Teacher when the need arises.