The school open day, for the parents of prospective Primary 1 pupils, will take place on:
Wednesday 31st October: 11am – 12noon and then 2pm – 3pm
- A member of our Senior Leadership team will be available during these times to answer any questions you may have.
- A member of our Parent Council and Friends of Gylemuir hope to attend and answer any questions you may have.
- Our P7 House Captains will be available to take you and your child on a tour of the school.
Primary Schools Open Day is on Wednesday 31 October 2018. Families wishing to visit and have a tour of the school will be welcome to attend between 11am and 12noon or between 2pm and 3pm on this day.
Primary 1 registration week is 5th – 9th November.
If your child attends the morning nursery at Gylemuir, we will be on hand in the nursery at drop off and pick up times to check these with you on:
• Monday 5th November: 8.30 – 9am or 11.30am – 12pm
• Thursday 8th November: 8.30 – 9am or 11.30am – 12pm
We are also available for everyone on:
• Monday 5th November: 2.30 – 3.30pm
• Wednesday 7th November: 8.30 – 9.30am
• Wednesday 7th November: 1.30 – 2.30pm
For times out with nursery hours please enter via the school’s main entrance.
Staff were busy during the holidays creating a new play area for the children. As you can see from the pictures there are some fantastic resources – no wonder the children are already loving having time there!
The children – and staff – had great fun celebrating Roald Dahl Day today. To mark the author’s birthday everybody had a chance to come to school with their clothes on backwards (in honour of Esio Trot!) or dressed as their favourite Roald Dahl book character.
We had some very impressive Charlies, Matildas, Mr Twits and even Mrs Horne dressed up as Willy Wonka!
As you’ll all be well aware, we’re approaching the end of term with the children finishing for the summer holidays this FRIDAY (29th June) at 12pm.
We have a busy final week to get through first, however. Monday morning sees the Parent Council Prize Giving Assembly taking place, while on Tuesday morning the children will meet the teacher who will be taking their class next year. Our Primary 7 classes will be presenting their Leavers’ Show to parents and carers on Wednesday afternoon and then they have their end-of-school trip to Blair Drummond Safari Park on Thursday. Also taking place on Thursday at 10.30am is the Nursery Graduation. Finally, Friday morning will see the whole school gather to sing and then bid farewell to our departing Primary 7 pupils.