In response to further guidance received from The City of Edinburgh Council today (16th March) we can now confirm the following:
- School assemblies will be cancelled
- Parent consultations will be cancelled
- Non urgent meetings will be cancelled
- Activities in school involving play-doh, plasticine, dough, sand and water will be stopped
- Home baking should not be brought into school to be shared with others
School trips can take place, however we will be checking with venues and providers and carrying out additional risk assessments prior to any outings. Please be aware that this might result in cancellation of trips at short notice.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in these uncertain times. We are endeavouring to keep parents up to date with accurate information regarding school and will continue to keep you informed when we receive new information from The City of Edinburgh Council.
Our Primary 3 classes are planning a Roman Day on Monday 30th March, so we look forward to seeing lots of P3 Romans, er… ” roamin’ ” the P3 classes on that day!
P3 parents and carers are very welcome to come along and see the children’s work from 2pm on Monday 30th – enter from your own classroom door.
On Friday 28th February, Gylemuir Primary will be celebrating Purple Friday. This is a day for us to show our support for LGBT equality and inclusion.
Pupils may wear clothes that are any of the colours of the rainbow (no football strips please). If you wish you may bring a small donation of up to £1.
From Monday 24th February pupils will have the chance to enter two competitions – one is Guess the Rainbow Teddy’s Birthday, the other is guess how many sweeties in the jar! It is 50p per entry and the winners will be announced on Friday 28th February.
All money raised will go to LGBT Youth Scotland.
Some news from Friends of Gylemuir about the upcoming Winter Disco they are holding on Wednesday 26th February from 6.30-7.30:
P1 and P2 children will come in via the Breakfast Club door and their disco will be in the Dance and Drama base.
P3-P7 children should come in the ramp door, their disco will be in the gym hall.
Entry is £3 and includes juice and a snack.
If you want to reserve your child a place (no tickets will be issued, we keep a note of all who have paid) then please:
- Send in £3 in an envelope by Friday 21st February. Please make sure you send in exact money only as NO CHANGE WILL BE GIVEN!
- Mark on the envelope your child’s name, class and emergency contact number. If this is not on the envelope, a place will not be reserved for your child and the envelope will be sent home.
- If your child is allowed to walk home unaccompanied after the disco, this must be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Places are limited to 120 for each disco and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
We will be asking for 10 parent helpers for each disco via our Facebook page, please check our page for details or email us at: FriendsofGylemuirPS@outlook.com
We have a couple of newsletters to share with you. One is our regular School Newletter and the other is our Positive Relationships Policy Newsletter. You can read them by clicking the links below:
Remember you can read individual class / stage letters by going to the Class Pages.